Bed and Breakfast in Gironde near Bordeaux
The Manoir d’Astrée, on the Bordeaux wine road
Treat yourself to a stay in a charming and authentic Gironde charterhouse from the 15th century, located in the South West of France in Aquitaine, about 30 minutes drive from Bordeaux or Saint Emilion.
In the heart of vineyards, discover the Manoir d'Astrée, an elegant B&B where Beatrice and Luc RENGNER welcome you in a friendly atmosphere during your Bordeaux Wine Trip.
The house has been completely renovated and has 3 bedrooms and 1 suite fully equipped with an elegant and refined décor.
Located halfway between Saint-André de Cubzac and Libourne, the Manoir is the ideal starting point to discover the region from Bordeaux to Saint-Emilion, through Blaye, all cities listed World Heritage by UNESCO.
After a day of visiting the region of Aquitaine, you will enjoy the tranquility of the very large tree-filled garden surrounded by vines or a moment of relaxation by the outdoor pool. Everything is designed to make you live an exceptional stay in Gironde.
Since July 2017, the LGV line connects Paris to the Bordeaux Saint Jean train station in 2 hours, so you can enjoy a romantic weekend or a relaxing getaway and discover easily Bordeaux's five wine routes.
And finally, as of 29 June 2019, the SNCF and Thalys will offer you the opportunity to connect Brussels to Bordeaux in 4 hours every Saturday, a good reason to spend a week of relaxation in Bordeaux.
For the 3rd year in a row, TripAdvisor awarded Manoir d'Astrée the Travellers' Choice 2017 for the best French B&B and a Certificate of Excellence in 2018.
We are recommended by le Guide MICHELIN France 2019 in its selection of guesthouses.
A massive thanks to all our guests for your recognition and for contributing to this success.
Béatrice and Luc welcome you
In May 2011, Beatrice and Luc fell in love with this old building surrounded by vines. After a year of renovations, the Manoir welcomed its first guests in July 2013.
Now this chic retreat is the perfect backdrop for a peaceful break, and offers all manner of ways to nourish your wellbeing.
Very caring, Béatrice, Luc and their 3 Goldens Retrievers dogs welcome you with the friendliness and generosity that characterize them. Their only wish: that you feel at home here and leave with the desire to come back.
A chic stopover in the Bordeaux countryside
Quiet and secluded, our guest house near Bordeaux and Saint-Emilion offers all the modern comfort with the charm of the old for a high quality stay, single or as a couple or amongst friends.
- For the tranquillity of our guests, the Manoir is adults only.
- 3 guest rooms and 1 suite
- A garden overlooking the vineyards and terraces where long chairs are available
- An outdoor pool (heated and salted, opened Mid of May until end of september) with beach towels provided
- A generous breakfast served in the dining room, or outside if the weather permits
- A private car park from where you would be able to come and go as you wish with a remote that will be provided upon arrival
- For the more courageous, the experienced cyclists will enjoy both a sports ride and a beautiful sightseeing of Dordogne river and its vineyards. Gironde Bike Hire provides quality bicycle hire with FREE delivery and collection direct to your holiday accommodation.
- For your well being, Sandrine, our beauty therapist offers massages and beauty treatments on site
- Possibility to access the Grand Barrail hotel's SPA near Saint-Emilion at preferential prices.
Our preferred partners
You don't want to drive to go to the restaurant or visit several Châteaux, Private Airport Car Transfer , you can book on Class Prestige's website .
Explore the vineyards with a Wine Tasting Tour or not
Live a truly authentic experience in discovering the world of wine through unforgettable visits but also through participatory workshops around the wine trades with Wine Cab.
Feel free to contact us before your arrival if you want to organize some visits around and take a look at this website Châteaux of the day in Saint Emilion
And for lovers of architecture, Asia and wine, savour a moment out of time at the Château du Marquis d'Alesme : our favourite Margaux !
Leisure and recreation
We have excellent restaurants to recommend .
Our references Guides
Recommanded by the Guide MICHELIN 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
Inspected and Selected by Alastair SAWDAYS
TRIPADVISOR, Travellers's choice 2017, 2016 and TOP 25 B&B and Inns in France
Recommanded in the Guide Le FIGARO Magazine 2015 and 2017
ART & Décoration Magazine October 2016
Recommanded by the Guide Best Charming BnB
- Recommanded by the Michelin Guide 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Recommanded by the Guide Le FIGARO Magazine 2015 and 2017
- ART & Décoration Magazine October 2016
- Recommended by Best Charming BnB
- Inspected ans selected by Alastair Sawday's guide French Bed & Breakfast : Special places to stay in France.